SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Help Finding my family in Lebanon!!

Reply to topic     discoverlebanon.com Forum Index » Be Lebanese Be Creative
  View previous topic
View next topic
Help Finding my family in Lebanon!!
jhuguet03

Post Help Finding my family in Lebanon!! Reply with quote
This post may not be that creative, but I was not sure where else to post this.

My grandfather and I have been looking for his fathers family in Lebanon for many years. According to all the stories I have heard, I was able to gather some information of my family and where they may be from....

Our last name is Huguet (not sure if that is the same in Lebanon)
My family is from a town called "Al Midan" and our last name may have been Diep before it was changed in Cuba. My Great, Great Grandfather and his son(Musa Huguet or Diep or Awat) left Lebanon for Cuba around 1912. The only other vague information they tell me is that my great grandfathers brother was a priest in his home town and his other brother was in government. Is Al Midan a city in Lebanon?

Does anyone know where I can find more information in regard to finding my Lebanese family? If so please contact me.

It has always been a dream of mine to learn more about where I come from and this country I know so little about.

Kind Regards,

Tue May 17, 2011 3:37 am View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
admin
Site Admin

Post Not enough information Reply with quote
Hello, through DiscoverLebanon.com I already helped many many people to meet again and know about their relatives in Lebanon.
The information you gave is not enough to try to help.
Huguet is for sure not the initial Lebanese family name....
Al Midan can be in Lebanon... but where.. several places in Lebanon (in villages main square) are named Al Midan... so plz be precise...
Diep also as a last name is not that... it doesnt exist in Lebanon... the more close I can imagine is "Dib"... there is a family name Dib.... "
Same Awat... maybe "Hawat family"
So sorry your information is really not enough I cannot help.
Tue May 17, 2011 4:38 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
drib123

Post Abrham Mitre Rihbany Reply with quote
Abraham Mitre Rihbany, I am searching for any relatives of Abraham Mitre Rihbany. My grandfather Peter Rihbany was his Brother. Please anyone with information on this family respond to dfm828@hotmail.ca. I know very little about this part of my family and nay information will be greatly appreciated. Dave Rihbany
Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:39 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
admin
Site Admin

Post Abraham Rihbany Reply with quote
Dave, If I can help I need more infomation such from which city or village is Abraham Rihbani or Peter. Also here in Lebanon we pronounce like the family name Rahbani and not Rihbani. Also provide any additional dates
Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:33 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
drib123

Post Abraham Mitre Rihbany Reply with quote
I have more information which I will send tomorrow. Abraham should be easy to get information on as he is quite famous auther, a Syrian Christ would be his most famous book written. Thank You for your efforts and I will send more information tomorrow. Dave
Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:15 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
admin
Site Admin

Post Help to find relatives Reply with quote
Yes Dave plz maximum info you have..... places... dates.. etc.. we already helped a lot of people. I am ready to try.
Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
drib123

Post Abraham Mitre Rihbany Reply with quote
Further information is as follows Abrhams home was El Shweir in the province of Mount Lebanan, when he was around 6 years old they moved to Betater and he went to school in a place called Suk-el- Gharb. The family went to Holy Apostolic Greek Orthodox churh where the preist name was Michael. At one point he taught school in a city called Zahlah and later preached in the twin city of Muallekah. Abraham left in sept. of 1891 for the USA and arrived in New York On oct.6th 1891. He became a citizen on nov.18th 1891.Thas about all I think that will help you, any questions just e-mail me. Thanks so much and any and all information will be appreciated. Thanks Dave
Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:50 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
admin
Site Admin

Post Rihbany Family Reply with quote
The issue was extremely complicated and my father did hundreds of phone calls to Dhour el Choueir and the village Ain El Sendyeneh and also to the village Rahbe where comes originally the Rahbani family. (As well some calls to Douma, Antelias, Jal El Dib and Batroun where some Rahbani family are located).
Nothing is clear till now sadly... no one knows a real direct relative to Abraham and people promised my father that they might call back in case they know something new.
In Dhour el Choueir "they told my father, if you come to Lebanon one day... you can consider all the Rahbani family as your relative and they welcome you inside their houses...)
Nabil, Mitri, Nicolas, Kamil, Emile and others several people my father spoke with.... Nicolas an older in the family even promised my father to review some old document in the municipality of Choueir...
So We are sorry till now... what you think is easy.. looks like mission impossible... and I asked my father to stop all the issue now and wait to see if someone might call back. Regards
Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:24 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic     discoverlebanon.com Forum Index » Be Lebanese Be Creative

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Panoramic Views | Photos | Ecards | Posters | Map | Directory | Weather | White Pages | Recipes | Lebanon News | Eco Tourism
Phone & Dine | Deals | Hotel Reservation | Events | Movies | Chat |
Wallpapers | Shopping | Forums | TV and Radio | Presentation

Copyright DiscoverLebanon 97 - 2020. All Rights Reserved

Advertise | Terms of use | Credits