Reply to topic     discoverlebanon.com Forum Index » Discovering Lebanon
  View previous topic
View next topic
Visiting Lebanon
admin
Site Admin

Post Visiting Lebanon Reply with quote
Greetings,

I plan on visiting Lebanon at some point, but not in the usual way. I'm not interested in visiting the popular tourist sites. I would like to find a rural "peasant type" village or community where the old traditions and ways are still daily alive and practiced. I'm of Lebanese descent so I would like to learn those traditions and ways of living in order to better understand my ancestry.
Does anyone know of a place or places where I could experience those treasures of lebanese culture in order to enrich my personal culture?
I'm grateful for any sincere help. Thank you. God bless.
Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:44 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin

Post Re: Visiting Lebanon Reply with quote
Hello,

Thanks for visiting DiscoverLebanon.com I suggest you visit those places it comes in my mind... they are very interesting:
Aanjar, Hassbaya, Douma, Rashaya, Zahle Nahr El Berdawni, Chruches and Mosques, Byblos, Aley, Akkar, Village of Ehden, Batroun, Jezzin, Saida, Sour... of course other Lebanese villages and city is very interesting to visit...

Take care
William MATAR
Sun Apr 15, 2007 11:45 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Reply to topic     discoverlebanon.com Forum Index » Discovering Lebanon

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Panoramic Views | Photos | Ecards | Posters | Map | Directory | Weather | White Pages | Recipes | Lebanon News | Eco Tourism
Phone & Dine | Deals | Hotel Reservation | Events | Movies | Chat |
Wallpapers | Shopping | Forums | TV and Radio | Presentation

Copyright DiscoverLebanon 97 - 2020. All Rights Reserved

Advertise | Terms of use | Credits