cedar preservation

Reply to topic     discoverlebanon.com Forum Index » Environment
  View previous topic
View next topic
cedar preservation
admin
Site Admin

Post cedar preservation Reply with quote
it is the first time that i write to this forum and i find it great idea to keep this communication between many lebanese and foreign people on the concept of lebanon.

my first mail will be about the cedar preservation. a few days ago, i made trip to the cedar forest and i was surprised to see that many cedar trees aging many hundreds of years were so mistreated and were in very bad shape. i understand that they had to be trimmed for health reasons. but it is still a pity to see such beauty go to waste from ignorance.

the cedar is a very precious tree to lebanon and more care should be taken. we have the most beautiful forests and a variaty of trees that can't be found any where else.

i was also happy to see that new trees were being planted.

i would like to know what groups are taking care of these issues and i would like to participate.

thank you for your help.
Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:48 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin

Post Re: cedar preservation Reply with quote
Dear Anissia,

Thanks for visiting and writing on the forum of DiscoverLebanon.com
The site is extremely well visited...
I hope Lebanese responsible of the Great cedars forest will read your email and reply to you.. or at least knows that good Lebanese people like you are still loving and caring for their countries.
Thanks!
Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:50 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
AndréAndrés

Post Les cèdres de Dieu Reply with quote
Les cèdres de Dieu (aussi connu comme les cèdres du Seigneur ou Horsh Arz el-Rab) sont les derniers vestiges de l'immense forêt de cèdres du Liban, qui couvraient autrefois le mont Liban. Ses arbres ont été exploités par les Assyriens, Babyloniens et Perses, les Phéniciens. Le bois est particulièrement populaire chez les Egyptiens pour construire les navires, le roi Salomon a utilisé pour la construction de son Temple à Jérusalem. Surprised

Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic     discoverlebanon.com Forum Index » Environment

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Panoramic Views | Photos | Ecards | Posters | Map | Directory | Weather | White Pages | Recipes | Lebanon News | Eco Tourism
Phone & Dine | Deals | Hotel Reservation | Events | Movies | Chat |
Wallpapers | Shopping | Forums | TV and Radio | Presentation

Copyright DiscoverLebanon 97 - 2020. All Rights Reserved

Advertise | Terms of use | Credits