Reply to topic     discoverlebanon.com Forum Index » Environment
  View previous topic
View next topic
please stop the war!!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post please stop the war!!!! Reply with quote
Hello!

I am not sure if "Social issues" is the right forum... sorry, if not...

Everyday I am reading bad news from the war in Lebanon. Because its always the side from the press I now want to get some news from Lebanese people.

I have some friends in your country and I am really worried that I can not reach anyone. They are from Chhime and Khiam.
Would anyone write me some lines how it is over there in these towns or in the country in general.

I pray for peace!

Greetings from Germany to my beloved Lebanon.
Sternflocke
Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:18 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin

Post Chhime and Khiam Reply with quote
Hello my friend,

I feel with you all the pain you are feeling... to Lebanon and to all Lebanese living in Lebanon.
I am sorry I can't be optimist for this region of Lebanon: Khiam... It is ugly there... the war is very ugly there...destroying a lot of places.... But dont worry that much believe that there is God who can help and support... Also a lot of people have already left the region of Khiam... so maybe your friends are now safe in other places in Lebanon... If you have any phone number I can phone them for you...
For Chhime.. I think that region is still far from war and hostility...
Look here if you want http://www.discoverlebanon.com/en/panoramic_views/el_nabatieh/marjehyoun/khiam_prison.php the Khiam prision is now all destroyed... sadly...
You can see it as it was from our site.
William MATAR

Last edited by admin on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:20 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin

Post Khiam Reply with quote
Hello William,

thanks for your fast answer. Reading the news of Khiam is really hard and sad. I hope this friend and his family is in safety. I know that Khiam is in the very south of Lebanon, but I couldn´t find it on the map of your site. Can you help me with it?

By the way this page is really really great. I saw a lot of places where I have been a few years ago. Thank you for these memories.

I telephoned with the family in Chhime, they are ok. For the other friends, I will try again. Thank you for your offer to help them, maybe I will ask you later for this.

Where are you living? Hope it is save there!

God with you and all the people in Lebanon,
Angela
Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:21 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin

Post Khiam in the Map Reply with quote
Hello Angela,

I do live in Jbeil Byblos.. it is safe here.. except several time we get bombs against the casernes of Lebanese army.. and I dont know why Israelis are doing that.
I will be ready to help if you need me.
Khiam is located here http://www.discoverlebanon.com/en/map/mapsl.php
You can find it between those two squares.
Take care

Last edited by admin on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:23 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin

Post Re: please stop the war!!!! Reply with quote
I think we all need to do what we can to help the people of Lebanon. We have very recently set up http://www.peopleoflebanon.net

Our hope is to provide factual and coherent information to change minds and reveal the truth behind the current crisis.

We are looking for more authors, especially those based in Lebanon.

Thanks

Kate

Last edited by admin on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:24 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
admin
Site Admin

Post Re: please stop the war!!!! Reply with quote
There will never be peace in the Middle East until the Israelies are disarmed of their nukes and they are forced to obey the UN resolutions that they have so far refused to do. Also, America must stop supplying Israel with weapons and billions of dollars in aid. The problem is that the American politicans and elected leaders are totaly backed and controlled by Jewish money and power and they would never be re-elected if they did anything that was not in the interest of Israel. Untill that is changed as well....Nothing will ever be better for all living in the Middle East
Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:25 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
elitetravel

Post Environment Reply with quote
I too feel bad about this country! The war is gradually ending its natural heritage. I can't even understand why international organizations are involving themselves to cease the war so that the people of Lebanon will live a peaceful life. The country is full of historic and beautiful tourist destinations. I am refusing many of my clients daily only due to this reason, but they got a strong desire to visit the place as a tourist. But who will offer them security? After all my clients are precious to me!

Elite Travel Portal - Online Travel Agents

Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:35 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic     discoverlebanon.com Forum Index » Environment

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: 

Panoramic Views | Photos | Ecards | Posters | Map | Directory | Weather | White Pages | Recipes | Lebanon News | Eco Tourism
Phone & Dine | Deals | Hotel Reservation | Events | Movies | Chat |
Wallpapers | Shopping | Forums | TV and Radio | Presentation

Copyright DiscoverLebanon 97 - 2020. All Rights Reserved

Advertise | Terms of use | Credits