Sauce and cheese
Salsa Bayda or Jibneh
2 T flour
1 T butter
1 c cheese (optional)
1. Wash, remove stems and scrape squash. Then, divide into
2 lengthwise pieces and boil until tender. Remove pitted
area in each piece of squash to form a cup like center.
2. Grease oven proof baking dish and place each piece of
squash side by side in it. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, fry meat and onions in ghee until golden brown
and, then add pine nuts.
4. Stuff each squash with meat stuffing.
5. Prepare the white sauce. In pan, slightly mix the flour
with butter, slowly add the milk; as it thickens, add the
6. Pour mixture over squash and bake in medium oven 350
degrees until brown. Serve with cooked rice or mixed salad.